With Memorial Day right around the corner, many people will spend the day in remembrance of those who lost their lives for the service of our country. Memorial Day is a holiday where people venture to lakes and host backyard barbeques with family and friends. What will you make this Memorial Day? Follow these easy grilling recipes for a great appetizer, main dish, side dish, and dessert! These grilling recipes are not only easy, but are so delicious we bet you won’t even have leftovers!
Grilling Recipe #1- Appetizer
This grilling recipe is not only a great appetizer but a great side item to any meal! Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Poppers are sure to be a favorite among everyone on Memorial Day!
6 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 package cream cheese
12 slices bacon
1. Preheat grill on High.
2. Spread cream cheese to fill jalapeno halves.
3. Wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
4. Put on grill and cook until bacon is crispy.
Grilling Recipe #2- Main Dish
Love a little bit of spice? This grilling recipe for Spicy Shrimp is a tasty treat for anyone who loves food with a little bit of a kick! It is also very easy!
2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Mix the garlic, red wine vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, olive oil, tomato sauce, and basil together in a bowl.
2. Dip shrimp into marinade and coat evenly. Allow shrimp to soak marinade in, by placing in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Remove and skewer shrimp.
4. Grill for 2-4 minutes per side (or until the shrimp is opaque). Enjoy!
Grilling Recipe #3- Side Dish
Who doesn’t love fresh veggies from the garden? Don’t let them go to waste! This year use this yummy grilling recipe to make up a Grilled Garden Medley of vegetables! This is the perfect side to any meal on Memorial Day!
1/2 cup thickly sliced zucchini
1/2 cup sliced yellow squash
16 large fresh button mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced red onion
16 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1. Put chopped veggies in large bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to let marinate.
2. Preheat grill to Medium temperature.
3. Lightly oil grill. Place vegetables on grill and cook until tender (15 minutes).
Grilling Recipe #4- Dessert
This Memorial Day dive into a healthy dessert! That’s right we said ‘healthy’! Opt for grilling fruit for dessert! Not only will it be delicious but have less calories and be a healthier option without tons of sugar! You can grill just about any fruit and it is very quick. Below are some healthy options that many people will love.
These grilling recipes will be hits with your family, friends, and neighbors this Memorial Day! Not in the mood to cook but want something tasty? Shooters Wood Fire Grill, has a wide variety of menu items that are handcrafted and slowly grilled over wood to secure only the finest taste! We have delicious salads, juicy burgers, mouth-watering steaks, and a full service bar! Stop by Shooters Wood Fire Grill, your favorite Rapid City restaurant today!