Health Facts About Wine
- For men and women who drink moderately, red wine lessens their chance of developing Type 2 Diabetes by 30%
- Wine is fat-free and cholesterol-free.
- 20 glasses of apple juice contains the same amount of antioxidants one glass of red wine does.
Geography Facts About Wine
- European wines are named after their geographic location while non-European wines are named after different grape varieties.
- Andorra, a popular ski destination that borders France and Spain, drinks the most wine per capita at 57 liters, or 76 bottles of wine per person, per year.
- California has more chardonnay grapes than any place in the world.
History Facts About Wine
- The oldest known wine cellar was found in Israel on a site called Tel Kabri. This site used to hold a Canaanite city that dates all the way back to 1700 BC.
- During medieval times, the host always drank his wine first to prove that is was not poisoned.
- The signing of the Declaration of Independence was toasted with glasses of wine.
Weird Fun Facts About Wine
- Michael Jackson was a private drinker and used to drink wine in Diet Coke cans because he didn’t want his children to see him drinking.
- Benjamin Franklin was a huge wine advocate, stating that “wine makes daily living easier, less hurried with fewer tensions and more tolerance.”
- Some people actually have a fear of wine. It is called Oenophobia. For some it may be the fear of intoxication or fear of becoming addicted, but who knows?
Shooters Wood Fire Grill has a wide range of house wines available from Chardonnay to Moscato to Pinot Noir. Stop in and pair a glass of wine with a perfectly cooked Filet Mignon or Ribeye!